Thursday, 31 December 2009

At Debt's Door

Watch out for claims managers offering restructured repayments and resettlements or contacting creditors on your behalf. All of these activities require a Consumer Credit Licence as well as Ministry of Justice registration. Another dodgy practice is offering debtors a self help forum so as to sell credit brokerage through the back door. Before sharing details, check advisors hold either or both of the following: Category D for debt adjusting and Category E for debt counselling. Both licences have sub-categories, D2 and E2 for non-commercial or free services. Most consumers only need the latter. Enter individual or company names and numbers to check licences on the OFT Consumer Credit Register.

Want a say in how we do things?

For £1 a year, Zero-credit membership
is open to anyone, 
aged 16 or over
with personal experience of debt.

Come on, join us today!

Post a Comment